Thursday, March 4, 2010

Damian shoots...

Gophers vs Wisconsin - February 18th

When the game started, we were a bit confused at who was who.  Who's that guy with the shaved head?  45?  Must be Iverson?  Oh, wait - they all have shaved heads.  I didn't realize until this game how much I look at their hair to determine who's who.  Rumor has it, the entire team shaved their heads to show support for Paul Carter's little sister, who was diagnosed with cancer.  Thoughts go out to Paul & his family.

2 comments:

  1. You get pretty decent shots inside the arena. I am curious to know what camera you are shooting because I thought most SLR's were not allowed into sporting events like this.

    Another great perspective by the way. A wide shot of the crowd with the game in front. Catching the player in mid jump without any motion blur in that light is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan. I have an Olympus E-520. I haven't had any problems bringing it into sporting events. I've had it at TCF Bank Stadium, the Dome and the Barn without problem.

    Shooting at the Barn is tricky but the bright light on the court makes shots of the players easier. Crowd shots are really tough though.

    ReplyDelete