Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Mighty Mallard

Gorgeous bird.  Love seeing these guys around the neighborhood.  Seems I see more here than I do out in West Central MN these days though.  In the past 2 years, I think I went duck hunting twice.  There just aren't many around out there anymore.  Dad says they've changed their flight patterns.  Hopefully they'll change back soon.  I miss sitting in a duck blind with my dad, brother and the dog.  I miss laying in a corn field with 1,000s of ducks overhead making the sweetest sound on earth -- that whistley sound they make.  

On a funnier note... a girl riding her bike down my street the other day was chasing a duck and was yelling "AFLAC, AFLAC" in the duck's voice.  Too funny.  Thinking she might watch too much TV though?!

2 comments:

  1. Great story. I love how a picture can be associated to memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We witness a similar thing on Vermilion, not ducks around. We used to see squadrons of mallards. But they all seem to be in the metro area. Too funny, AFLAC!

    ReplyDelete